I am a driven entrepreneur with a knack for working through the kinks within business operations. A true southern girl at heart, with a passion to change the world; one person at a time.
1. What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
My children were my biggest motivation. I spent many of my younger years in survival mode. My children have helped me push to be the best mom I can be, and along with that came a successful business that’s been built from the ground up.
2. Tell us about your business.
We are an eco friendly, non toxic, and waste reduction focused cleaning business. We service residential and short term rental cleanings. Our main focus is streamlining processes to help the overall result remain the same for all cleanings. Our goal is to teach our customers about cleaning in an environment that creates less toxins for them and their family.
3. Where is your business based?
We service Fort Collins to Colorado Springs in Colorado.
4. What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
The first steps I took was to get out there and get my feet on the ground! I started cleaning solo, as I got more work I brought on a friend to help. It has never been the same since, once I learned I could help others I cared about with making money… It was basically all she wrote! It hasn’t stopped since. The biggest hurdle was finding the proper client relation management system. Which we now have been using Jobber for 6 years.
5. What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
Word of mouth has always been the best for us. Showing up with our heart and doing the best we can will always have people talking.
6. What have been your biggest challenges so far?
Staffing. Staffing is always the hardest because we all have life happening around us and to us. I find it difficult to navigate peoples challenges some days. I love my team so staying strong for them is really important.
7. How did you overcome these challenges?
I have overcome this by empathetic and reading where people need the support most. I love to use very effective dialed in communication techniques to help my teams and daily interactions feel supported and seen. I am constantly listening to audio books and reading on communication, effective leadership and management skills.
8. What is the best advice you have received recently?
You can’t do it all. Learn to delegate.
9. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
When you want to give up, is when you are close to the breakthrough. Challenges are going to happen, but it is the mindset that you choose to face them with that will define you from the rest. Resiliency is key.
10. What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
We are currently expanding and working on the internal workings and SOPs for our clients and teams.
11. What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
Hiring 5-10 more cleaners. We will do this with more hiring and training, while weeding out in the process too. We offer incentives and aggressive pay raises, so we hope that will also be a good driving factor.
12. What is your favorite business tool or resource?
NOTION- What an amazing platform to use for team management!
13. What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
LEARN HOW TO CREATE A PROFITABLE BLOG: https://ladybossbloggercourses.com/